Refurbished usually means that it did not initially pass quality standards of the manufacturer they then fix or recertify the unit and sell it at a discount price. To ensure that our valued customers are satisfied and confident with their purchase, refurbished product will come with a minimum of 90 days manufacturer warranty unless specified differently.
Refurbished products cannot be sold as new products which is why they are relabeled as refurbished units. Even if the item looks new or is resealed by the factory, it still classifies as a refurbished product. Refurbished items may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
Cooler Master Warranty
Warranty all (non-networking) products purchased from Cooler Master as free from defects in material and workmanship for normal use by the original purchaser for warranty period.
The Cooler Master Warranty would like to assure all of the users of Cooler Master Products to be free from any defects as a result of faulty manufacturing or faulty components under the following terms and conditions:
- Cooler Master is not responsible for damage to or loss of any programs, data, or removable storage media. You are responsible for backing up any programs or data on removable storage media.
- Except for the warranties set forth herein, Cooler Master disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied or statutory, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Any implied warranties that may be imposed by applicable law are limited to the terms of this limited warranty. In no event shall Cooler Master be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of business, profits, data or use, whether in an action in contract or tort or based on a warranty, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the product, even if Cooler Master has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You agree that repair, replacement or refund, as applicable, under the warranty services described herein is your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any breach of the Cooler Master limited warranty set forth herein. if, despite the foregoing limitations, for any reason Cooler Master becomes liable to you for damages incurred by you in connection with this agreement, then, the liability of Cooler Master will be limited to the amount equal to the latest distributors price.
- Some states or provinces/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages for consumer products, and some states or provinces/jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts.
- In such states or provinces/jurisdictions, the exclusions or limitations of this limited warranty may not apply to you.
- This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights.
- You may also have other rights that vary from state to state/jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You are advised to consult applicable state and provincial/local laws.
1. Warranty Length
All products from Cooler Master at least carry 2 years warranty from the date of purchase, with the exception of power supply units which carry a 3-5year warranty. If no proof of purchase (receipt or invoice of purchase) can be presented upon request, Cooler Master cannot be held responsible for warranty service.
2. Who is Protected?
The original customer purchasing the Cooler Master Product is covered under the Cooler Master Warranty Program.
3. What is and is NOT Covered
It is important to note that our warranty is not an unconditional guarantee for the duration of the Program. Any replaced parts become the property of Cooler Master. The Program does not apply to the software component of a product or a product which has been damaged due to accident, misuse, abuse, improper installation, usage not in accordance with product specifications and instructions, natural or personal disaster, or unauthorized alterations, repairs or modifications. The Program does not cover any events such as below:
- Any damages unrelated to manufacturing defects.
- Any unsuitable environment or use of the product in Cooler Master Opinion.
- Any product which has been modified without official permission from Cooler Master, or on which the serial number or warranty sticker has been defaced, modified, or removed.
Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of god, commercial or industrial use, unauthorized product modification or failure to follow instructions included with the product.
- Third party products using Cooler Master Components will not be covered by warranty. See your vendor or the manufacturer for information about servicing.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Cooler Master, Inc.
- Any shipment damages (claims MUST be made with the carrier).
- Unauthorized repairs to a Cooler Master product (power supplies) will void the warranty offered by the Program. Cooler Master reserves the right to refuse to service any product which has been altered, modified or repaired by non-Cooler Master Service personnel.
- Cooler Master does not warrant that this product will meet your requirements. It is your responsibility to determine the suitability of this product for your purpose.
- Removal or installation charges.
- You are responsible for the cost of shipping the product to Cooler Master. Cooler Master pays the cost of returning a product to you.
- Cooler Master reserves the right to replace the product with a service product at their sole discretion at any time.
4. Local Law and Your Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights granted under local law. These rights may vary.
5. Limitations of Implied Warranties
There are no other oral or written warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to those of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The duration of implied warranties is limited to the warranty length specified in Paragraph one.
6. To Obtain Technical Support
If you need help installing or troubleshooting a product please submit a technical support request form here.
Based on company policy, customers are responsible for the shipping costs to ship back the defective item for RMA repair/replacement. Once the item is repaired/replaced, Cooler Master will ship the item back to the customer. Shipping methods will be at Cooler Master's discretion. Cooler Master will not be able to ship repaired/replaced items in the same method as the customer's because not only would this not be efficient, but it may delay the return of the repaired/replaced item. Therefore, Cooler Master reserves the rights to ship according to what it deems the most efficient standard method of shipping.
8. Exclusion of Damages (Disclaimer)
Cooler Master's sole obligation and liability under this Program is limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product at our discretion. Cooler Master shall not, in any event, be liable to the purchaser or any third party for any incidental or consequential damage, (including, but not limited to, damages resulting from interruption of service and loss of business), or liability in tort relating to this product or resulting from its use or possession.
9. For Warranty Service
Please contact CM Store Support for assistance and instructions. Cooler Master will not accept returns without prior approval and an RMA number.
When returning product, please be sure to enclose a clear description of the problem and your proof of purchase with the defective product and return it as instructed by Cooler Master. Be sure to package the product securely (preferably in its original packaging) and ship it postpaid. Your dealer or Cooler Master will not be responsible for damage due to shipping. During the warranty period, your product will be repaired or replaced without charge, excluding shipping and handling.
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Why am I required to submit an invoice/receipt?
A. Cooler Master needs it to verify purchase date of product and to see if it falls within the warranty period.
Q. How long is the warranty?
A. Click HERE for details.
Q. What is Cooler Master’s Refund Policy?
A. Cooler Master will only repair or replace the malfunctioning product under warranty. Cooler Master does not offer any refunds, when a product is no longer available it will be replaced with a product of similar design and comparable value.
Q. If the customer expedites the malfunctioning product to Cooler Master, will the RMA department expedite it back?
A. Based on company policy, customers are responsible for the costs to ship back the defective item for RMA repair/replacement. Once the item is repaired/replaced, Cooler Master will ship the item back to the customer. Shipping methods will be at Cooler Master's discretion.